Our home inspector discovered a gas leak at a tankless water heater during this Irving home inspection a little while back. He was performing a Builder’s Warranty Inspection for the clients. These owners were fortunate that the unit was mounted and installed at an exterior metal cabinet. It’s not uncommon to see these newer units … Continue reading Fort Worth Home Inspector Finds Gas Leak At Builders Warranty Inspection
People sometimes ask if we inspect in bad weather. When I answer, I tell them stories. Here are two. It was one of those rare days last summer when it not only rained – it poured. I was doing a final phase inspection on a newly constructed home. During the inspection the bottom fell out … Continue reading Home Inspection Client Asked, “Do You Inspect In the Rain?”
Our inspector was “shocked” to find at least three electrical surprises at this home inspection in west Arlington. First, there was a lone wire inside the electrical panel, which should have had no power present, that tested hot for power being present. There was a wire nut protecting the metal parts from contacting the wire, … Continue reading Fort Worth Inspector Found “Shocking” Problems At This Arlington Home Inspection
This week’s surprising inspection discoveries were not spotted during an official home inspection. These photos of roof damage were taken in neighborhoods where we were inspecting last week. These are shingles which have been damaged by high winds. And there are storm damaged roofs all over the Metroplex. It’s not unusual, either. All it takes … Continue reading Wind Damaged Roofs Throughout Metroplex – Schedule a Roof Inspection
At a recent home inspection in northeast Tarrant County, our inspector saw these safety hazards in the water heater closet. He knew right away what had happened. When new roof shingles were installed a few months earlier, the workers on the roof knocked the gas flue vent pipe loose, dislodging it from the top of … Continue reading Fort Worth Home Inspector Finds Hazards Caused By A New Roof Installation
Our Fort Worth inspector found “grayflex”-type insulated flex duct in this 1980s Arlington home recently. The early versions of insulated flex duct were marketed too soon, because the defects didn’t show up until hundreds of thousands of feet of it were installed in attics all over the country. As you can see from the video, … Continue reading This Type of Duct Wastes Energy AND Money
What our inspector found in the fireplace and chimney surprised even him.
A recent home inspection uncovered significant roof damage in the back of this attic. This estimate for repair was over $700 over the whole roof. If your inspector is not going the extra mile to find damage, you could be paying extra money later. See for yourself, and LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW.
It was a rather cold morning last week. Kind of morning that most of us look for a little warmth. Rocky was no different. He was curled up in a not so little round furry ball in the attic of this home in west Fort Worth. Not wanting to disturb his nap — for more … Continue reading Fort Worth Inspector Makes A New Little Furry Friend
The burned and scorched outlet you see in this picture looked fine with the cover plate on. The power was even working when we plugged in our tester. So HOW DID WE FIND THE DAMAGE? We know how to look. Aluminum wiring in a house requires a specific inspection protocol that our Professional Inspectors know … Continue reading Aluminum Wiring – Hidden Hazard!